2/3 cup quinoa
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, separated
1/2 chopped yellow onion
1 diced zucchini squash
1 diced yellow squash
2 cups trimmed and chopped green beans
7 roasted garlic cloves
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3 tablespoons lemon juice
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Using either a cookie sheet or casserole dish, spread vegetables out evenly.
- Drizzle vegetables with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste over veggies.
- Wrap the roasted garlic cloves in aluminum foil.
- Set the tin foil wrapped bundle on the cookie sheet or casserole dish with the veggies.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until softened.
- While the veggies are baking, prepare the quinoa according to the package directions.
- Blend the roasted garlic cloves, lemon zest, lemon juice and oil into a thick, smooth mixture in a blender or food processor. This will make the dressing to pour over the cooked quinoa.
- Stir well to blend it all together.
- Fold the roasted vegetables gently into the prepared quinoa.
- Top with the walnuts.
Can be served either hot or cold.
Serves: 2 to 4.