Beat the heat this summer with this refreshingly fruity iced tea. The best part? This quick and easy Instant Pot version is ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes!
Tip: Remove tea bags as soon as the pressure has been fully released to prevent bitterness. If you prefer stronger tea and want to leave the bags in longer, add a pinch of baking soda prior to brewing.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes + time to come to pressure
8 c. water
6 organic black tea bags, paper tags removed
4 fresh peaches, pitted and cut into chunks
1 T. fresh ginger, finely minced
Local honey, to taste
1 fresh peach, cut into thin slices
6-8 fresh mint sprigs
- Add water, tea bags, peaches, and fresh ginger to Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting on normal for 5 minutes.
- When finished, allow pressure to release naturally (NR) for 10-15 minutes, then do a quick release (QR) to allow the remaining pressure to escape.
- Carefully strain hot tea mixture with a fine mesh strainer to remove the solids. Pour the remaining liquid into a large, heat-resistant pitcher.
- Sweeten with honey, to taste, and stir to combine. Cool slightly before serving over ice with peach slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if desired. Enjoy!