2 Teaspoons coriander seeds
2 Teaspoons mustard seeds
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1 Small red onion, thinly sliced
1 Cup cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon sugar
3 Large tomatoes, sliced
1 Cucumber, sliced
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/3 Cup cilantro
- Cook coriander, mustard and cumin seeds in a large saucepan until they begin to pop and become fragrant.
- Then add vinegar, sugar, salt and one cup water and simmer for two minutes.
- In a small bowl add onions and seed mixture. Refrigerate for one hour.
- When ready to serve, remove onions from mixture and place into a large salad bowl with the tomatoes, cucumber, and cilantro.
- Toss and drizzle with olive oil.